The Core Set comes with several pieces of flat terrain.
Units can enter some types of terrain. If the terrain is unoccupied and a unit collides with the terrain. The unit can check the capacity value in the upper right of the corresponding terrain card. If the unit has a number of trays equal to or less than the capacity value, that unit can choose to occupy the terrain.
Terrain Types Edit
Terrain can be either "Dangerous" or "Defensive." Each terrain card shows two sides of a piece of terrain. One side is Dangerous and the other side is Defensive. Each Deployment Card indicates how many pieces of each type of terrain is to be used for the game.
Terrain Keywords Edit
There are several keywords that may apply to terrain.
- Cover X: While a unit occupying this terrain is defending against a ranged attack, it increases its defense by X.
- Deadly X: When a unit collides with this terrain, it suffers X damage.
- Elevated: When a unit occupying this terrain measures line of sight, it ignores other units and terrain.
- Fortified X: While a unit occupying this terrain is defending against a melee attack, it increases its defense by X.
- Exposed: When a unit measures line of sight, it ignores this terrain.
- Protected X: While a unit occupying this terrain, subtracts X damage from the damage pool .
- Taxing X: When a unit collides with this terrain, it receives X panic tokens.
See also Overgrow .
Terrain Cards Edit
Each Terrain Card has 1 Defensive Terrain and 1 Dangerous Terrain.
- Blighted Ground / Graveyard
- Crumbling Wall / Swamp
- Forest / Stone Terrace
- Pillaged Cart / Bone Totem
- Latari Memorial / Dimoran Fissure
- Ransacked Manor / Smoldering Forest
- 2 x Rocky Outcrop / Spikes
- Sacred Font / Fae-Infested Glade
- Stronghold / Temple Ruins
- Wildroot Patch / Thorn-choked Circle
Terrain summary Edit
The following table contains terrain by name.
- Box: name of fraction or core box.
- Type: Def - Defensive, Dng - Dangerous
- Unique: Terrain has unique rules
|Crumbling Wall||C||Def||2||Fortified 1|
|Fae-Infested Glade||L||Dng||2||Protected 1-2, Taxing 0-4||x|
|Sacred Font||L||Def||2||Cover 1||x|
|Smoldering Forest||U||Dng||6||Cover 1||x|
|Stronghold||D||Def||2||Elevated, Fortified 1|
|Swamp||C||Dng||2||Exposed, Taxing 1|
|Wildroot Patch||L||Def||4||Elevated, Fortified 1, Cover 1||x|