Ranged attack is an action. To perform a ranged attack action, a unit attacks an enemy unit that is inside the attacker’s firing arc, at range 1–5, and in the attacker’s line of sight.
- When performing a ranged attack action, a unit can use any of its attack profiles that are preceded by the ranged attack icon.
- A unit cannot perform a ranged attack if it is engaged.
- After an attacker performs a ranged attack against an enemy that is engaged with one or more of the attacker’s allied units, each of those allied units suffers a severity-one morale test.
The Reanimate Archers reveal a ranged attack action, then uses the range ruler to determine line of sight to enemies.
- The Reanimate Archers do not have line of sight to Kari Wraithstalker because she is not inside the firing arc.
- The Oathsworn Cavalry are out of range of the Reanimate Archers.
- The Reanimate Archers do not have line of sight to the Rune Golem because no line can be traced to that unit that does not pass through an obstacle.
- The Reanimate Archers have line of sight to the Spearmen unit, and that unit is in range. This is the only unit that is an eligible target for this attack.